Fido Hikes accepts guest post submissions! To keep you from chasing your tail, here are some guidelines and suggestions for your guest post:
Posts that revolve around hiking, camping, or backpacking with a dog. Preparation at home is also included!
Length of Post
Submissions should be between around 800 words.
Feel free to submit your content in Word or plain text format. It’d be great if you could also follow these points in preparing your post for us:
- For all links, we expect you to police yourself. If your motivation for linking is self-interest, leave it out. If the link will make traveling easier for the readers of the article, include it. The URL for all links should be provided in brackets within the text, immediately after the anchor words.
- Indicate within the text where you’d like the images to be placed.
- Bold your headings and subheadings so they are easy to spot.
With travel, it’s all about the pictures. And pictures that include pets are the best! We ask that each post has at least two images and please note:
- Horizontal images should be at least 800 pixels wide, and vertical images should be at least 650 pixels wide.
- It’s your responsibility ensure the images you submit do not infringe on a copyright. If you’re utilizing stock photos, please note which service you used to obtain the images.
- Submit images as separate files attached in your email, or send a link where we can download the image.
We edit all the guest posts that appear on Fido Hikes, and by submitting your article you agree to accept our changes. Our goal is to publish a post that hits the mark with our readers—which is also good for you
Provide us with a byline, which should be a sentence or two explaining who you are and what you do. Feel free to include up to two links to your personal blog, your Facebook page, or your Twitter profile. Your byline will appear at the bottom of your post.